2016: American Woodturner, Vol. 31, No 5
Inside This Issue October 2016 vol 31, no 5
- Turn a Ring Holder - Bob Rosand grabs the brass ring with this first-rate skill-building project.
- Dye and Liming Wax Finish - Drab wood comes to life in Betty J. Scarpino's expert hands.
- Play with Clay: Turn a Colorful Spinning Top - Take a colorful spin with polymer clay, by Walt Wager.
- An Elegant Collared Vessel - A sophisticated design for an exceptional piece of wood, by Andrew Potocnik.
- Glued-Up Tray - A new life for shop leftovers, by Robin Dustin.
- Stir Up a Vortex Bowl - Steven Mellott demonstrates a unique bowl style with a multicolored swirling design.
- Book Review: Shaping the Vessel: Mascoll + Samuel - Twenty elegant works in wood celebrating two artists at the pinnacle of their career at the Center for African-American Arts + Culture, by David M. Fry.
- Basket Illusion Demystified - Drawing a bead on the woodturning embellishment process, by Harvey Meyer.
- From Temple Furnishings to Kitchenware: Marcus Reid Goes Solo - A woodturning business that began with a birthday, some ingenuity, and a little hardwood, by David M. Fry.
- The Unmistakable Impact of Albert LeCoff - 40-plus-year journey as a turner, educator, and promoter of art made from wood has had a profound influence on the woodturning community, by Terry Martin.